Portable solar energy systems, whether medium or small in size, can serve a number of important functions:
- Their portability means they can be used anywhere.
- They can be a great way to introduce yourself and your family to solar energy.
Medium sized portable solar energy systems like the Nomad 1500 from Solar Sense or RV solar kits are ideal in a number of cases:
- To power a few small items or more, depending on the size of the panel.
- As handy backup power for any location prone to power outages.
- As a cheap way to get power when you’re off the grid (e.g. remote cabin).
An advantage to these systems is that there is little or no wiring. They are often plug and play systems, meaning that you can simply plug in a few of the plugs and have power instantly. Many systems, such as the Nomad 1500 come with simple control panels that are very easy to use.
You can learn everything you need to know about your system in about 20 minutes!
Some applications that are very practical for a medium sized portable solar kit are:
- marine solar kits
- RV solar kits
Small portable systems come in a variety of forms:
- Small solar panels can be taken anywhere and used to charge electronics anywhere.
- There are a number of ways to use solar energy for hiking or camping.
- There are also a wide variety of small solar products for consumers, such as solar toys and solar clothing.